Come join our growing team as our Sales Operations Director!
Ironmark helps business grow by removing complexity across the marketing supply chain, creating value across digital and physical marketing services. As our Sales Operations Director, you’ll bring your expertise in sales processes, technology, and analytics combined with your leadership, strategic capabilities and problem-solving skills to bridge the gap between sales strategy and execution, working to maximize the efficiency, productivity, and performance of our dynamic sales team. Ready to leverage your skills to help our Sales Team deliver outstanding outcomes for our customers? Come join us!
This is an on-site position in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Sales Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with Sales Team Leads and Executives to develop and implement sales strategies, goals and targets, and sales incentive programs that are aligned with the company’s overall objectives.
- Analyze market trends, customer behavior, and competitor activities to identify opportunities for business expansion and improved performance.
Sales Performance Analysis
- Oversee and contribute to the development of sales performance metrics and dashboards to measure the effectiveness of the sales team.
- Analyze sales data and report to identify areas of improvement, develop actionable insights, and recommend strategies for increased sales performance.
- Generate regular and ad-hoc reports for sales performance, forecasts, and insights to inform decision-making.
Sales Process Optimization
- Analyze and refine sales processes, from lead generation to deal closure, to ensure streamlined operations and increased sales efficiency.
- Identify bottlenecks and implement improvements to enhance the sales team’s productivity and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement standardized procedures, guidelines, and best practices to enhance the overall sales experience.
Sales Technology and Tools
- Evaluate, implement, and manage sales technology tools (e.g.CRM, Hubspot, sales automation, ERP, and more) to enhance productivity and to support the sales team in achieving their targets.
- Train and support sales representatives on using sales tools effectively to enhance their performance.
Sales Forecasting and Pipeline Management
- Work with the Sales Leadership to develop accurate sales forecasts, revenue projections, and to perform budget planning.
- Monitor and manage the sales pipeline to ensure a healthy flow of leads and opportunities, addressing any issues or inconsistencies.
- Analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs to identify new opportunities for growth and market penetration.
Sales Training and Development
- Develop and execute training programs to enhance the sales team’s skills, product knowledge (through use of sales enablement tools), and overall sales effectiveness.
- Ensure that an up-to-date sales enablement library is maintained, tracking its usage and optimizing it as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of sales processes, methodologies, and best practices.
- Ability to coach and motivate sales team to achieve goals.
- Team-oriented mindset and approach
- Proficient in CRM software and sales reporting tools.
- Proficient in organizational software used to input and track sales orders .
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing or a related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience in sales operations management, preferably in a leadership role.
Features & Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance